Dr. Fehring and the developers of the Marquette Method have made the basic instructions for the Marquette Method and an introductory users manual available (free of charge) online. Marquette University also trains doctors and nurses to become Marquette Method instructors. Their training naturally goes far beyond that which Marquette University provides online for free.
All of the research into the Marquette Method effectiveness has been with women and couples who had the benefit of being taught by trained instructors. Many people self-teach the method by following the posted instructions online, but their success rate with the method varies. The instructions online provide a condensed, simplified form of the method, but even with the best of intentions couples sometimes misinterpret the method or make mistakes that can result in unintended pregnancies.
Working one-on-one with me will ensure you fully understand the method and can follow it correctly as it applies to your situation. Everyone has questions once they start using the method; human fertility is complicated and every body is different. You’ll be able to rest easy knowing you have access to the best, most accurate advice possible, personalized to your personal health history. I always answer my client’s questions by the end of the day. Here are some of the types of questions that a Marquette Method instructor can help you with:
- What should I do if I forget to test for a day? Or more?
- What does a “hard reset” of the monitor really do, how do I do it, and when should I do it?
- Is it OK to buy a used monitor? How will I know if it’s broken?
- Which protocol should I be following?
- Should I be worried about “false peaks?” How can you tell the difference between a “false peak” and a “true peak?”
- My battery died. What do I do now?
- Can I practice the Marquette Method when doing shift work? How?
- What should I do about spotting? Does this effect how the monitor works?
- How should I navigate NFP after a miscarriage? When should I start testing?
- My cycle looks wonky this month, maybe because I have been usually stressed? How should we proceed this month?
- Did my monitor miss peak? How would I know? Is there any way to avoid this in the future?
If you happen to stump me, I have ready access to experts in the Marquette Method, including the method founder. If a question or situation arises that I am unsure of how to navigate, I will consult with the experts to determine the best possible solution.
Many of my clients begin by trying to practice the Marquette Method without an instructor, but run into difficulties or have questions that go beyond what is available online; they need personalized attention for the method to work for them. I can lead you through any number of difficult and frustrating situations that can arise in your practice of the Marquette Method.
Many women with women’s health conditions such as hormone imbalances, Polystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), thyroid conditions, and a number of other conditions that affect a woman’s menstrual cycle turn to the Marquette Method. Women with any of these conditions should always hire an instructor for personalized training because the form of the method posted on the Marquette University website is not tailored to these conditions, and may not work effectively.